Tuesday 8 February 2011

Life in Black&White

A. Hitchcock: "Notorious". My favourite, don't know why...


Somehow I got in the possesion of the several Hitchcock's movies that had me transported in the days of my childhood.When I was a little girl, those old b&w movies were much more present in the TV program, while now they're very seldom guests on the TV screen.

I was just overwhelmed with memories and nostalgia for the past times, when I saw women hairstyles from1940s, men in suits with oily and shiny hair, charming studio exteriors, orchestral music in the background, statements about everlasting love after just a few hours of acquaintance, beautiful oldfashioned courting, stiff Cary Grant and his overly emotional female partners in luxury interiors.

I just wish I could live for a while in one of these old movies, where everything seems so simple. Maybe it's just because all of it comes down on just two colors- black and white.

Oh, and Hitchcock is the king. Definitely.



Cary Grant and Ingrid Bergman in "Notorious"

Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine in "Suspicion"

A famous glass of milk from "Suspicion". And a little bit of kitch ;)

Ingrid Bergman in "Notorious"

Interior, "Notorious"

Interior, "Rebecca"

Joan Fontaine, "Suspicion"

Cary Grant and Joan Fontaine in "Suspicion"





1 comment: