Tuesday 15 February 2011

About Red Roses and Valentine's Day


I 've always thought Valentine's Day is overrated and discriminating. A good marketing trick for fools. Fools in love. I still think so...
But, for some reason, this year's Valentine's Day became important to me. I expected a red rose. A special red rose.
It turned out I didn't get any.

But, instead, I got a chocolate box from my mother. I got a brown bag from my dad. I got a small glass vase from my grandma. And I got a magnet heart for a fridge from my friend.

I realised I don't need red roses to remind me that I am still loved. In many ways.

So, next year, I will be fully prepared. I will buy a big, gorgeous red rose and wait for the Valentine's Day. And when that day finally comes, I will give the rose to myself. Because this love is hardest one to learn.
 


3 comments:

  1. Greetings from Finland. This blog is fun to explore, through other countries, people, culture and nature. Come take a look Teuvo pictures blog. And tell all your friends know why you should visit Teuvo pictures blog. Therefore, to obtain your country's flag to rise above the country's flag on my blog collection. Happy end of February. Teuvo Vehkalahti Finland

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just as long as you know that someone loves you, nothing else matters. I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Teuvo and thank you Garden Girl! Greetings from Croatia!

    ReplyDelete